Monday 23 April 2012

Just A Quickie!

I haven't been here for a while so just to prove I'm still alive I thought I better write something!
  Had a great day at Askrigg on Saturday with the popupgallery, was a tad uncertain as to how it would be as the weather has been, to put it mildly, rather naff, but the sun shone for most of the morning and there was only drizzly rain in the afternoon, until we packed up of course, then it came down with a bit more force!
   The drive up was stunning. I've been up that end of the dales a long time ago but had quite forgotten how beautiful it is. Swinithwaite in particular stuck in my mind, such gorgeous old houses, typical dales style, low, small windows, mellow stone, could definitely live there.
   Met and talked to some lovely people during the day, sold a lot of cards and a picture, yippee!!
   Am still doing lots of bird papercuts, there is good reason for that which I will enlighten you with in a future blog, ooh, you're intrigued now . . . !!
   Have joined the Thornborough Heritage Trust, this has been set up in order to preserve a complex of Neolithic Henges, one of which is just down the road from where I'm sat at this very moment. The landscape they are set in has slowly been eaten up over the years by gravel quarrying and this just has to stop, the Trust is trying to save what we still have http://www.thornboroughheritagetrust.org/ This is well worth having a look at, I know we are lucky over here with so many historical sites but most up here in Yorkshire are Roman and Viking, this is something older and it was created by the indigenous people of the time, this alone should make it worth saving and preserving. 
   There, my preachy rant is done, but with feeling!!!
Just words this time, I will be back with pictures . . . soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment