Thursday 5 April 2012

Busy Day!!

Tomorrow is a Richmond day! 
Drop-in workshops at the Station and an exhibition by pop-up gallery artists. So in between vets appointments and catching up with emails and doing this of course . . . can't you just tell I'm putting something off here . . . I have stuff to do. I've got little papercutting kits to put together and simple designs to get organized for my workshop. We will all be at the Station from 10am 'til 4pm Friday 6th, do come and say "hello" if you can get over there.
   It seems such a long time since I sat and did any proper pictures, I can feel withdrawal symptoms setting in. And for Sue, I will be getting on with my Mermaid this weekend, promise! I'll be back to my cutting mat after tomorrow, because, despite what they say about women being good multi-taskers, I am not! Does this make me an honorary man or an alien, who knows, and please don't enlighten me, ignorance is bliss!
   So my plan for this holiday weekend is work, I may escape to do Easter egg deliveries to my best beloved on Sunday, say hello to the pigs, geese, chucks and gorgeous little cayuga, though she is not so little these days and has laid egg number 5 already and her barely a year old, ducks do start young these days!
   My mermaid made her first appearance at the beginning of this blog a few weeks ago and the poor love has been floundering in a state of "un-finishedness" since then, neglectful artist that I am. Let's hope she doesn't put a watery spell on me so I start doing her all wrong. I actually quite like her so far so am looking forward to seeing her finished. Then I can start more birdy stuff, dinosaur birdy stuff I think. I have been reading books about fossils and evolution and extinction and my imagination has been fired, just need to get my act into gear and start doing, soon, soon!!
   And to break up all this wordiness I will put more pictures on too, ooh, that means rummaging about in my way too messy studio . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment