Sunday 1 April 2012

Pop Up Gallery and Stuff . . .

It's another sunny day and here I am, sat in front of my computer! 
Yesterday was my first stint with the "popupgallery", arty folk taking their arty stuff to remoter parts of t'Yorkshire Dales. Tunstall was my initiation day, we were set up in the village hall so no worries on the cup of tea front, phew! As well as yours truly and her papercuts there was jewelry, painting, printing and cup cakes, yummy. Quite a few people came through and tried the various workshops, talked to we artists and consumed afore-mentioned cup cakes. Sue Dewhurst is the lovely lady who runs the popups and the artists and makers I met yesterday were a great group of gals, no chaps there, so I'm not being sexist!
Our next do is at the Station in Richmond, an exhibition is on at the moment but it is workshop day on Good Friday, it is expected to be busy as we are in the Easter Hols now, so lots of locals and tourists should be around. I'll be doing a workshop and am just trying to concoct some little kits for people to take home with them in order to have a go at papercutting at home. Thought I'd do one kit with a couple of designs in to hang on ribbons. The other is a bit different, a string of bunting! How will I do it? Mmm, well, I shall create 2 designs, print about 5 of each so they can be alternated and hung on a long piece of ribbon. I haven't explained this very well so will attempt a photo when it's done. 


Due to my gadding about the countryside I have done very little work so have no pics to fluff things out, I'd better fill my mug with tea and get back to my desk now or I shall be appearing very slack!!

No comments:

Post a Comment