Wednesday 2 May 2012

Mermaid. . . At last!

Well, I have at last finished my mermaid, yee ha! Or have I?

This is what I've done so far, just 2 layers, but I'm awfully tempted to maybe add another layer of a darker blue, think I shall have to sleep on this one a little. This piece is for the Guild of American Papercutters who set a challenge to depict a subject from folklore or fantasy.


   And I thought I'd put on another clump of my "fantasy" birds, the ones that flitter around in my head not my garden!

These will be adorning the walls at a little arty do in the village down the road from me this weekend, let's hope they fly home with new owners!
And Sue . . . does the mermaid get your approval me dear???

2 comments:

  1. love the mermaid Clare!! really wow!! x
    ps. forest Gump says hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, glad you like her, I actually do too, and usually I hate work I've just finished!!
    A cuddle to Gump, and I will get over to see you again soon I hope x Clare

    ReplyDelete