Sunday 25 September 2016

Arty catchup

I still haven't got into the swing of doing this regularly, will I ever, who knows.
Although I am supposed to be a papercutter I seem to have been doing more drawing of late, still art, but a little step out of my comfort zone.
There is a trend at the moment, it may be fading as I tend not to keep up to speed with "trends" for colouring books. I have given in to it and have had a go myself, not a book, way too ambitious at this stage, just a page, my Ghost Bunny character has been the guinea pig, even though he's a bunny! I haven't been overwhelmed with orders for it but it's early days snd I'm very slow at marketing what I do, despite help.
That's the thing with my art, it is mine, it is me, and I find it so difficult to push it out into the world as it feels like I'm showing off and I will overdo it . . . "Oh no, not her again". . . "Why's she showing us this". . . that type of thing.
I don't know why this is, lack of confidence most likely. I've spent most of my life just doing my art but putting other stuff first that now it seems odd that anyone should want to buy it. But, if I want to make it work I have to overcome the niggles.
When I really sit and think about it I have moved on, I do exhibitions, have been taken on by a card publisher, done book illustration, and have an article coming out in a magazine soon, all good things. So why the doubts? Why indeed. And now I sound as though I winge too much! Ahh, the creative mind, it's a bloody mystery and I'm not a detective! Back to the cutting mat then . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment