Sunday 16 February 2014

Back Again!

2 days in a row, what is the world coming to?

A bright day today, the sun shone and the sky was blue, and although i work in my little cluttered studio/spare bedroom, it is definitely a joy to have light coming through the window as I hack away at my paper. It's amazing how a little sun can make you feel more inspired to work.

Today I've been working on a commission, a tree with family names in it. Not my usual type of commission but that doesn't matter. Some colour will go into this piece but it will be subtle, unlike the pic I've just finished
           'tis a bright one this! But I'm having fun letting go of pastel tones for a bit. I think it has a look of embroidery about it, but that's just my opinion.

My love of doing bird papercuts isn't diminishing at all, where it has come from, I don't know. When I painted birds were rarely a subject to attempt, far too fussy! As I tend to add detail for the sake of it in this work fussy is great. Cutting paper is an ideal way to put in feather details and as my feathered friends are rather imaginary I can go as mad as I like with detail!

I'm going to have to add to my coloured paper collection this week, I feel the urge for some bright purple in my next bird!
Shopping for paper and books beats "proper" shopping any day . . . with a bun break of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment