Saturday 24 March 2012

A Sunny Day . . .

Something a bit different today.
   I've been a bad girl and have done very little papercutting thus far, there is time yet, as bed-time is a few hours off!
   Hit the market in Masham, a Saturday ritual, can't beat David's butter and cheeses and the veggie boys at Blands then lunch and today the sun broke through so we ate outside with big red dog. Oh, and I bought some rather spiffing bunting to put up for Queenies Diamond Jubilee, yes, I admit it, I'm more royalist than republican, we can't half do pomp and circumstance splendidly over here!!!
   Then off to Northallerton to collect my train tickets and a little trawl around the shops, for essentials only of course!! The drive over was lovely. It's been a day of hazy sunshine, almost autumnal to look at but without that chill. Fields full of cattle, sheep and lambs at various stages of growth, little jiggly new borns hassling their mums for milk, through to the stockier older youths! Birds everywhere doing their usual bonkers springtime showing off and the hedgebacks starting to green up with blackthorn sprinkling white, confetti like blossom throughout. A definite windows open day in the car, the haunting voices of the "Civil Wars"(a bloody marvellous American duo who sing country, folksy, bluesy stuff, heavenly) just adding to the afore-mentioned loveliness!  I'm so lucky that I live in the midst of all this life. Out here you feel the full force of the seasons all around you, the wildness the beauty the stillness. A walk down the road takes you straight into it, away from houses and people, surrounded by the sounds of curlews, traffic just a muted buzz off in the background somewhere. And if you're lucky the peregrine will show his/her feathers.
   I should be getting inspired by all this and creating pictures but instead here I am thinking I'm a writer and wiffling on about it in a very bad writerly way, maybe now is the time to grab another cup of tea and go wave my scalpel about!!! 
   But first maybe I should email www.yorkshire and see if I can blag some commission off them for my praise of this most marvellous bit of England! I'd do it for free any day really. 
   I should put pictures on here but you can't do justice to perfection with a camera, especially when it's me pressing the button!!!!
   I really am going now, goodnite x    

No comments:

Post a Comment